Our Dharmik activities to awaken and unite Hindus worldwide in December 2012 (Margshirsha 5114) and January 2013 (Paush 5114)
Forum for Hindu Awakening’s volunteer sādhak have been working selflessly to promote Dharma education, and awaken and unite supporters of Hinduism since its found in January (Paush) 2009. Here is a glance at these inspiring Hindu activities and the positive response we have received in December (Mārgshīrsha) 2012 and January (Paush) 2013. We hope they will inspire our readers to work together to understand, live and preserve Hinduism ! Join us in serving Dharma
1. Visits and Followers to the Forum for Hindu Awakening website as on January(Paush) 2013 (www.HinduAwakening.org)
|YouTube||HinduAwakening.org||Facebook Fans||Twitter Followers|
2. Denigrations taken up for protests
Protest campaigns were held in the last 2 months.
1. M. F. Husain's Paintings withdrawn from UAE Art exhibition after FHA lodged the protest: In the period from Kārtik Shukla Paksha Ashṭamī to Margshirsha Krushna Paksha Trayodashī/Chaturdashī (November 21, 2012 to January 10, 2013), an art exhibition was held in a city in Middle East on "Classical Art in the Palace - From Picasso and Matisse to M. F. Husain" at Emirates Palace's Mezzaluna restaurant. Forum for Hindu Awakening (FHA) started an online campaign protesting against inclusion of the Late M.F. Husain's paintings in the exhibition being held from 21st November (Kartik) 2012. In response to this protest Swiss Art Gate clarified to the Forum for Hindu Awakening volunteer with their stance that no M. F. Hussain paintings are displayed in the ongoing Art exhibition at Emirates palace.
2. Protest against the play 'Shrī Ganēsh Versus Third Reich' at the Center for the Art of Performance at UCLA, Los Angeles and Walker Art Centre, Minneapolis, USA launched by staunch Hindus on FHA website: In the period of Paush Shukla Paksha Trayodashi to Paush Pourṇimā, Kaliyug Varsha 5114, (January 24, 2013 to January 27, 2013) at the ‘Centre of Art performance’, University of California, Los Angeles and from Paush Krushna Paksha Chaturthī to Paush Krushna Paksha Shasṭhī, Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (January 31, 2013 to February 2, 2013) At ‘Walker Art centre’, Minneapolis, USA the show of 'Shri Ganesh versus the third Reich' was organised. The play's website and poster depicts a man dressed like a Sumo wrestler, wearing an elephant head, posing as Hindus' revered Deity, Shri Ganesh poised against Hitler. This portrayal of Shri Ganesh is contrary to the way Hindu Scriptures describe the Deity's form or how the Deity is depicted in Hindu temples. Forum for Hindu Awakening sent emails to both art theatres giving the references of many Hindu organisations protested earlier on the same play. Since nothing materialized, Forum for Hindu Awakening began the protest campaign request where all the readers could to peacefully write to the organisers.
3. FHA Website Development Report
3A. Articles published:
Total articles: 636
Articles published for the month of December (Margshirsha) 2012 and January (Paush) 2013:
Some of them are given below:
3B. News items published
Total News: 186
4. FHA Article Submission Report
Prasar done by a Gujarati Newspaper: In January (Paush) 2013, an article based on the content of Gujarati Monthly 'Naam' was published in a Gujarati newspaper, Satya Times. ('Satya times' is Victoria's first monthly Gujarati Indian community newspaper, published in Melbourne. This is a free monthly newspaper, two years old and very popular across Indian and Gujarati community.)
5. Regional Prasar
5A. Asia Pacific
5A 1. Distribution of ‘Hindu Chētanā 2013’ Panchāngs to the staff and doctors of a hospital and residents of the building: In the month of December (Margshirsha) 2012, 25 ‘Hindu Chetana 2013’Panchangs were distributed to all the Hindu doctors and other staff in a hospital in a city in Middle East by a seeker. She was also able to distribute 9 Panchangs to her apartment neighbours.
5A 2. A seeker explaining the denigration that happened by printing the picture of Shri Ganesh on the menu card; the owner owing up the mistake that happened and agreeing to print new menu cards without the Shri Ganesh picture and sharing that she will hand over the menu cards (for home delivery) only to Hindu residents: On Margashirsh Shukla Paksha Shashti, Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (December 18, 2012) a seeker met the owner of a restaurant in a city in Middle East regarding a picture of Shri Ganesh printed on the front page of the menu card. She explained to her that when the newspaper delivery boy throws these cards along with newspaper, they fall on ground and people will not realize that there is a picture of Shri Ganesh on it and it may go into dustbin or people will walk over it and thus unknowingly she will incur the sin and face the wrath of Shri Ganesh.
The owner felt gratitude for pointing out this mistake and said that she will remove the picture of Shri Ganesh from the menu card and reprint in a correct manner. She even went further and told her that now she realized why since last two weeks she is facing some problems like people who place the order for certain dishes and then make some accusation about the food supplied; some are not paying the bills after taking the food parcel etc. She was able to co-relate those incidents with the denigration happened through her unknowingly. She also promised that as regards to balance menu cards, she will see to it that they are handed over personally by her delivery boy to only known Hindu families.
5A 3. In the event of haldī-kumkum, distributing Sanatan products as vaan (small gift given to married women); some women later sharing that they felt bliss after lighting Sanatan Udabatti: On Paush Krushna Paksha Panchamī, Kaliyug Varsa 5114 (January 1, 2013) a small event of haldi-kumkum on the occasion of Makarsankrāntī was held at a seeker's residence. 14-15 ladies attended the programme. For the Sankranti vaan, Sanatan products of Kumkum and Udabatti along with small booklets were distributed. Some ladies later shared the pleasant experiences they had after lighting the Sanatan Udabatti.
5B. North America
5B 1. Curious requesting to continue with the Dharma satsangs in a workshop: On Kartik Krushna Paksha Navamī/Dashamī, Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (December 8, 2012) a workshop on "Overcoming ancestral problems and significance of Shrī Datta Jayantī" was organized at the Scarborough Civic centre in Scarborough, Canada. The event was attended by a total of 8 participants. Seekers put up 5 Flex banners related to Dharma. Some attendees shared that the session was very good, very informative and to keep up the fantastic work.
5B 2. 8 FHA Panchangs distributed in a local restaurant: On Kartik Krushna Paksha Ekadashī, Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (December 9, 2012) a seeker of Forum for Hindu Awakening visited a local restaurant which allowed Forum for Hindu Awakening, to put up the stall for distribution of ‘Hindu Chetana 2013’ Panchangs and 8 panchangs’ were distributed.
5B 3. 7 FHA Panchangs distributed outside a grocery store: On Margashirsha Shukla Paksha Chaturthi , Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (December 16, 2012), seekers of Forum for Hindu Awakening visited a local grocery store to distribute the ‘Hindu Chetana 2013’ Panchangs outside their shop where 7 Panchangs got sold.
6. Dharma satsangs and Bālsatsangs held in various regions
|Centre||Dharma satsangs||Bal satsangs|
7. Key highlights
7A. Poster exhibition held on occasion of 'Shrī Ayyapan pūjā 2012': On Margshirsha Pournima, Kaliyug Varsha 5114, (December 28, 2012) a poster exhibition was held at a school in a city in Middle East on the occasion of 'Shri Ayyappan puja 2012'.
Around seven thousand curious attended the event.
16 new registrants registered for Dharma classes and 8 registered for receiving our newsletters.
A curious appreciated that we are giving invaluable education to the society by displaying the poster and wealth of information on our Forum for Hindu Awakening website. He purchased one panchang.
Many devotees who had visited us last year and purchased ‘Hindu Chetana’ Panchangs came directly to the poster exhibition and asked for them.
Another curious visited the stall to get information of Deity Dattatreya and she purchased the Tamil booklet of Deity Datta
7B. Poster exhibition held on occasion of 'Shrī Chettikulangara Dēvī Puja' attended by 1500 curious; seeing Divine particles on a Holy text: On Paush Shukla Chaturdashi, Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (January 25, 2013), a poster exhibition was held at a school in a city in Middle East on the occasion of 'Shri Chettikulangara Devi Puja'. Around 1500 curious attended the event. Divine particles were noticed on the Holy text 'Hypnotherapy for Happiness' which was on display.
7C. Famous astrologer visiting the Forum for Hindu Awakening book stall and willing to support the work of Forum for Hindu Awakening since many people in Kerala are suffering from ancestral problems and addictions: One renowned astrologer from Kerala visited the Forum for Hindu Awakening stall and introduced himself. He knew about the organisation as somebody had gifted him a book sometime back. He was of the opinion that nowadays people are only interested in getting worldly benefits from God and not interested in spiritual progress. He shared how people are suffering from ancestral problems and addicted to liquor in Kerala and said that he is willing to support our organisation in Kerala.
7D. Event organised on the occasion of Shrī Datta Jayantī; presence of 16 curious
On Margshirsh Shukla Pratipadā/Dwitīyā, Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (December 14, 2012), a prasar event was held at the residence of a seeker in a city in Middle East on 'Spiritual Significance of Shri Datta Jayanthi'. 16 curious attended the prasar event.
Curious experiencing bliss during an event organised on the occasion of Shri Datta Jayanti: One attendee who has recently started chanting could experience bliss and felt that her mind and body was relaxing during the chanting session and wanted this experience to continue.
Another attendee shared that she was happy to be part of this event and was able to learn about ancestral problems and solutions for it.
Curious sharing that the event was very informative and one lady being very happy that she had received invitation for this event: 3 new curious who were attending the event for the first time expressed that the event was informative and are looking forward to attend more. One of them also shared that she has attended many spiritual functions of Deity Datta in Bharat and when she received invitation for the lecture she felt very blessed and felt happy to attend this event.
17 ‘Hindu Chetana 2013’ Panchangs of different languages were purchased by attendees after understanding their spiritual importance.
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.