Our Dharmik activities to awaken and unite Hindus worldwide in October 2012 (Bhadrapad 5114)
Forum for Hindu Awakening’s volunteer sādhak have been working selflessly to promote Dharma education, and awaken and unite supporters of Hinduism since its founding in January 2009. Here is a glance at these inspiring Hindu activities and the positive response we have received in October 2012 ( Bhādrapad 5114, as per the Hindu calendar). We hope they will inspire our readers to work together to understand, live and preserve Hinduism ! Join us in serving Dharma
1. Visitors to the Forum for Hindu Awakening website (www.HinduAwakening.org)
|YouTube||HinduAwakening.org||Facebook Fans||Twitter Followers|
2. Forum for Hindu Awakening Website
2A. Articles Published
Total articles so far: 630
Articles published for the month of October 2012: 3
3. Denigrations taken up for protest
Total 2 denigrations were taken up for further protest, as follows:
1. Denigration of Shrī Gaṇēsh by 'Eshe Skate Boards': Complaint lodged by Hindu Janajagruti Samiti with ‘Cyber Crime’: ‘Eshe Skate Boards’ a Company manufacturing boards used for skiing and ‘T shirts’ from New Zealand was involved in desecration of Shri Ganesh. The Company is manufacturing skate boards on which ‘Religion is garbage’ is written with pictures of Shri Gaṇapati smoking a hookah, Prophet Mohammad with bombs in His turban and on stomach, decomposing Moses (Jews’ Dharma-Guru) and ‘Randy Gandhi’ engaged in indecent act are printed. It is mentioned in the letter that such pictures have severely hurt national and religious sentiments of all Indians.A letter to the said Company demanding to stop such desecrating advertisements and stop manufacture of such products, rendering apology to all Hindus. Since the company did not respond positively to the letter Hindu Janajagruti Samiti along with the support of Forum for Hindu Awakening has lodged a complaint with ‘Cyber Crime Cell’ and demanded to block the links of the said Company’s website.
2. Protest: Denigration of Goddess Radha, a Devotee of Shrīkrushṇa, in ‘Student of the Year’ movie: In a song filmed for a Hindi movie ‘Student Of The Year’, directed by Karan Johar and music composed by Vishal-Shekhar, vulgar words are used about Goddess Radha, a Devotee of Shrikrushna. Opposing this, Hindu Janajagruti Samiti has submitted a memorandum to Film Censor Board to delete the denigratory song from the film. An appeal is being made that Hindus should strongly oppose this. Forum for Hindu Awakening is also supporting this protest through their website.
4. Response to the prasar done through Facebook
4A. Some people liking the article of ‘ Significance of Shakti’ posted on FHA Facebook and posted on their personal profiles: This month a post about the significance of worshipping Shakti during Navaratri posted on Forum for Hindu Awakening Facebook was seen by 1489 people and shared by 250 people on their individual Facebook and 105 people liked it.
4B. Comments of a Dharmabhimani by seeing the appeal letter posted by Hindu Dharma Profile: The seekers doing seva on Hindu Dharma Profile had posted an appeal to contribute towards starting a Hindu News channel as uploaded on the FHA website, one of the Dharmabhimani commented as below:
“You are doing a wonderful service. It is utmost need of the hour today. We, the majority in this country, are being given second-hand treatment by power-hungry vote-bank politicians. May God bless you with success in this venture” - Mr. Mukesh T, Bharat
5. Regional Prasar
5A. Asia Pacific and A city in Middle East
5A 1. Poster Exhibition held in a private school: On October 25, 2012 (Āshwin Shukla Ekadashī) a poster exhibition was held at a school in a city in Middle East on the occasion of ‘Bhajanotsavam & Padmavathi Kalyana Mahotsavam’ for 3 days attended by around 1500 curious.
Key highlights are:
45 new curious registered during the event. Most of them were interested in receiving our newsletter and some of them showed interest in attending our Dharma education satsangs.
Dharma education posters were displayed on chanting, obeisance, clothing, etc.
5B. A city in Middle East
5B 1. Sharing information about Navaratri with child seekers: On Ashwin Shukla paksha Panchamī, Kaliyug varsha 5114, (19.10.12) a balsatsang was held in a city in Middle East. 9 child seekers attended the satsang and information of ‘Navaratri and the science behind the pūjā of Goddess‘ was explained to them.
5C. Another city in Middle East
5C 1. A video CD showing the arrangement of the Altar being shown in a satsang for curious: On Ashwin Shukla paksha Dwādashī, Kaliyug varsha 5114, (October 26, 2012) a Hindi satsang was held at a seeker’s house for curious. In that video CD showing information about arrangement of altar in the house was shown. 11 curious attended the satsang.
5D. North America
5D 1. Talk on Hindu concepts and practices at a Church Boy Scout event: On Monday, Ashwin Shukla paksha Ashṭamī, 5114, (October 22, 2012), Forum for Hindu Awakening’s Spokesperson, Mrs. Bhavna Shinde Hurley was invited for a 20 minute talk at Prince of Peace Lutheran Church in Springfield, Virginia to the school Boy Scouts event. Attendance was around 45 and the topic of presentation was “Basics of Hinduism”. Hindu concepts and practices were contrasted with other religions to educate the audience so as to develop mutual respect towards the Hindu community that consistently displays such respect for other religious communities. After the presentation, the scout master shared that many of the boy scouts came up to him, saying that this was the most interesting speaker they have had so far (as they routinely invite speakers on various topics.) They, being of a Christian background, got to learn about Hinduism, misconceptions about it and the attacks faced by Hindus in terms of denigration, destruction of temples and genocide, which is not well addressed in the school system.
6. Dharma education satsangs and lectures held in abroad centres
|Centre||Dharma education satsangs||Children’s sanskār satsangs|
|America & Canada||2||
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.