Our Dharmik activities to awaken and unite Hindus worldwide in September 2012 (Bhadrapadh 5114)
Forum for Hindu Awakening’s volunteer sādhaks have been working selflessly to promote Dharma education, and awaken and unite supporters of Hinduism since its found in January (Paush) 2009. Here is a glance at these inspiring Hindu activities and the positive response we have received in September (Bhādrapad ) 2012. We hope they will inspire our readers to work together to understand, live and preserve Hinduism! Join us in serving Dharma.
1. Visitors to the Forum for Hindu Awakening website (www.HinduAwakening.org)
|YouTube||HinduAwakening.org||Facebook Fans||Twitter Followers||Login members|
2. Denigrations taken up for protest
Total 6 denigrations were published under the news section. Three denigrations were protested by FHA which are given ahead:
1. The protest campaign against the play ‘ Shrī Gaṇēsh Versus Third Reich': FHA received a complaint from a Hindu about a play 'Shri Ganesh versus the third Reich' to be shown at Rotterdamse Schouwburg Theatre in Netherlands from Nij Bhadrapadh Shukla Ekadashī to Trayodashī, Kaliyug Varsha 5114, (September 26 to September 28, 2012). The website of the play shows a picture of a man with elephant head in Sumo like dress posing behind Hitler which is not in accordance to the Scriptural description and is contrary to the way Hindu Scriptures describe Shri Ganesh's form. Campaign appealing devout Hindus to protest was launched on FHA website.
2. Protest against Sotheby's for including M.F Husain paintings for Sale, New York: FHA received complaints from several Hindus about the inclusion of the Late M.F. Husain's paintings at Sotheby's from Adhik Bhadrapadh Krushna Dwitīyā to Chaturdashī , Kaliyug Varsha 5114, (September 9 to September 15, 2012) in New York, USA. Campaign appealing devout Hindus to protest was launched on FHA website.
3. Protest against perverse denigration of Shri Ganesh, Buddha, Jesus and Moses by 'The Onion': FHA received complaints from several Hindus about the blatant denigration of Shri Ganesh through the onion.com (a satirical news website). 'The Onion' - an American news organization, which owns an entertainment newspaper and a website, has denigrated Shri Ganesh,Jesus, Moses (the Hebrew Prophet) and Buddha in a most vulgar way through a picture and related news content. Campaign appealing devout Hindus to protest was launched on FHA website.
3. Articles Published
Total number of articles published in the month: 1
An article "How to celebrate birthday" was published in Satya Times 'Satya times' is Victoria's first monthly Gujarati Indian community newspaper, published in Melbourne. This is a free monthly newspaper, two years old and very popular across Indian and Gujarati community.
4. Regional Prasar
4A. Asia Pacific and A city in Middle East
4A 1. Conducting radio show of topics’ Shri Ganesh festival and importance of Shri Ganesh pūjā’: P.Atul Dighe conducted a radio show on "Mauritius Broadcasting Corporation-Radio channel-AM2" on Adhik Bhadrapadh Krushna Panchamī, Kaliyug Varsha 5114, (September 5, 2012). He shared about Shri Ganesh festival and importance of Shri Ganesh puja.
4A 2. Conducting satsang on topics of various religious festivals and religious observances: Two Dharma satsangs took place in a city in Middle East. Topics of 'Deity Datta & Significance of festivals Gauri & Hartalika ' and "Pitrupaksha & Anant Chaturdashi Vrat" were taken in Dharma satsangs . Around 53 attendees attended the satsang.
4A 3. In a private school programme, topics in English and Kannada being presented: On Behalf of FHA, on Bhadrapad Krushna Trayodashi, a Kaliyug Varsha 5114, (September 14, 2012), a short lecture on 'Guru’, ‘Sādhanā’ ‘Importance of Guru’ & ‘Qualities to be developed to become a disciple' was delivered by seeker in JSS Pvt School, a city in Middle East. in English and Kannada language on the occasion of 158th Nārāyaṇa Guru Jayantī. The puja was attended by 450 people.
During this event, exhibition of posters (15 posters in English & Kannada) & 8 subtle drawings were displayed.
4A 4. 35 curious took benefit of knowing more about ‘Shrī Gaṇēsh Chaturthī’ shown on CD in a Dharma satsang: Two Tamil and one Hindi Dharma satsangs were conducted in a city in Middle East. Topics of "Spiritual perspective of the ritual of waving lit lamps’, puja platter arrangement , importance of Shri Ganesh Chaturthi were explained. 7 curious attended each of the two Dharma satsangs while 21 curious took benefit of the Hindi satsang where the CD giving information on ‘ Shri Ganesh Chaturthi’ was shown.
4B. North America
4B 1. A Seeker conducted FHA lecture on "Shri Ganesh Chaturthi, a spiritual perspective" at the Sanatan Shri Shiv-Shakti Temple in Houston, Texas on Nij Bhadrapad Shukla saptamī Kaliyug Varsha 5114 (September 21, 2012). About 25 people attended and listened attentively.
4B 2. 50 people attend a lecture on ‘sāttvik living’ and ‘Preserving Dharma’ presented in a programme held on the occasion of Shri Ganesh Chaturthi: On Nij Bhadrapadh Shukla Ekadashi, Kaliyug Varsha 5114, (September 26, 2012) A seeker conducted a lecture/presentation on the topic ‘ Sattvik Living’ and ‘Preserving Dharma’ in New Jersey in a programme organized on the occasion of Shri Ganesh Chaturthi by an organization Kalabharati. It was attended by 50 people.
5. Exhibition held in various places during Shri Ganesh Chaturthi
|1. Nij Bhadrapadh Shukla Shasṭhī (September 21, 2012)||Henrietta temple, Mauritius||75|
|2. Nij Bhadrapadh Shukla Saptami (September 22, 2012)||Sunnyvale Temple, California, NA||50|
|3. Nij Bhadrapadh shukla Ashtami (September 23, 2012)||Don Bosco School, Canada, NA||30|
|4. Nij Bhadrapadh Shukla Ashtami (September 23, 2012)||Helensburg Shri Shiv-Vishṇu temple, Australia||20|
|5. Nij Bhadrapadh Shukla Chaturthi (September 29, 2012)||West Windsor High school, New jesey, NA||15|
|6. Nij Bhadrapadh Pourṇimā (September 30, 2012)||Bowers High school, Santa Clara||40|
6. Dharma education satsangs and lectures held in abroad centres
|Centre||Dharma education satsangs||Children’s sanskār satsangs|
|America & Canada||2||5|
Copyright © 2009 Forum for Hindu Awakening All Rights Reserved.
No part of this website may be reproduced in any form.
No picture or text may be duplicated or copied without the express
written permission of the editor of the Forum for Hindu Awakening.