The important and requisite components for the shrāadha ritual are darbha, Bhrungaraj leaf, tulsī, black sesame, white rice, barley, honey, black gram, white fragrant flowers etc. Red coloured flowers are forbidden in the shraadha ritual as destroyer frequencies are emitted from them. Fruits like the Indian gooseberry (amla), pomegranate, musk melon (kharbuja) are specially used in the shraadha ritual. Click here to read more.
- 1.1 Effect of the use of darbha in the shraadha ritual
- 1.2 How should the darbha be selected ?
- 1.3 Reason underlying the use of darbha with roots in the shraadha
- 1.4 The reason underlying not plucking darbha by hitting many times on it or cutting with the nails
- 1.5 The reason underlying placing darbha if a Brāhman is not available for the seat of Deity or the Pitars
- 2. Black sesame seeds
- 3. Akshatā
- 4. Maka (leaf of Bhrungaraj and tulsi)