Forum for Hindu Awakening’s volunteer sādhak have been working selflessly to promote Dharma education, and awaken and unite supporters of Hinduism since its found in January (Paush) 2009. Here is a glance at these inspiring Hindu activities and the positive response we have received in October 2013 (Bhadrapad – Ashwin 5115, as per the Hindu calendar). We hope they will inspire our readers to work together to understand, live and preserve Hinduism ! Join us in serving Dharma
1. Visitors to the Forum for Hindu Awakening website (www.HinduAwakening.org)
|YouTube||HinduAwakening.org||Facebook Fans||Twitter Followers||Google+|
1A. Website Ranks
Jyeshtha – Ashada
Ashada – Shravan
Shravan – Bhadrapad
Bhadrapad – Ashwin
|Google rank||Page Rank 3||Page Rank 3||Page Rank 3||Page Rank 3||Page Rank 3||Page Rank 3|
2. Number of articles
2A. Total articles: 669
Articles published for the month of October 2013: 18
- Navratri 2013 – Lighting of lamp during Navratri
- How to do Abhyangsnan?
- How to celebrate Bhai Dooj?
- How to celebrate Devdiwali?
- How to celebrate Tulsi vivah?
- Spiritual significance of Diwali, the festival of lights
- What is the importance of Rangoli?
- Why Amavasya falling on Lakshmipujan is not considered inauspicious?
- The act of driving out alakshmi on the day of Lakshmipujan
- Frequently asked Questions about Diwali
- How to celebrate the first day of Diwali, Vasubaras and Dhanteras?
- How to celebrate the second Day of Diwali, Narakchaturdashi?
- How to celebrate the third Day of Diwali, Lakshmipujan?
- How to celebrate the fourth Day of Diwali, Balipratipada?
- Celebrate Diwali in its truest purpose and spirit
- How can the Hindu Youth celebrate Diwali – the festival of lights?
- How to celebrate Diwali the Hindu way?
- Incorrect and harmful acts during the festival of Diwali
2B. News items published: 121
2C. Denigrations published: Total 6 denigration news were published on website under news section.
- USA: Statement by Rajan Zed, Universal Society of Hinduism President, Hindus worldwide upset at “trivialization” of Lord Ganesh in Sunday Times (30/10/2013)
- Protest : Denigration of Shri Lakshmi by ‘Choc of the town’ through chocolate product
- Durban, South Africa: Denigration of Lord Ganesha – Hindu anger at Zapiro cartoon
- Denigration of Durga Devi by ‘Aaj Tak’ news channel
- Litigation filed against hindi movie Ram-Leela, says it hurts Hindu sentiments
FHA launched protest against denigrating play ‘Displaced Hindu Gods’ which was played at the Mixed Blood Theatre, Minneapolis from October 5th to October 27th 2013. The play’s website and poster depicts a man and two women apparently playing roles of sacred and revered Hindu trinity Lord Brahma, Lord Kalki and Lord Shiv.
- The act on Lord Bharma, is a One-Hijra(Transvestite) comedy routine.
- The act on Lord Kalki, a girl-gang thriller
- The act on Lord Shiv, post-colonial fantasy
This portrayal of the divine is contrary to the way Hindu Scriptures describe the Deity’s form or how the Deity is depicted in Hindu temples. In this play, our revered Deities are being used in a fictitious context, trivial manner and the most abominable fashion. The portrayal of Lord Brahma, Lord Kalki and Lord Shiv in this play is highly objectionable to the Hindu religious sentiments.
Appeal to protest this show was made by circulating news letter to devout Hindus and launching the online signature campaign and encouraging support was response was received to signature campaign. In just five days close to 100 signatures were received from Hindu supporters.
3. Online prasar
3A. FHA Facebook
3A 1. Breakup of total posts made on FHA Facebook profile in October – 2013
|Sr No||Post||Post seen by people||Likes||Shares|
|1||Hinduism growing in Africa without Proselytizing||21,376||171||242|
|2||Hinduism-101 Highlights – Understanding Spiritual Significance of Navratri||10,316||120||119|
|3||World’s largest Hindu temple to come up in West Champaran !||9,264||93||24|
|4||**Rituals performed during Navratri**||8,188||184||131|
|5||Establishing Goddess Ashtabhuja and Navarnav Yantra||7,764||104||40|
|6||Idols of Hindu gods, goddesses vandalised in Bangladesh !||7,338||24||57|
|7||Acharya Sushrut (600 BCE)||6,356||109||126|
|8||I believe in Ram, can’t argue for Ram Setu to be destroyed : Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran||6,188||203||69|
|9||How a church in Maine became a Hindu temple||5,874||60||20|
|10||International Islamic College coming near Tirupati !||5,856||68||45|
3B. FHA Google+
Jyeshtha – Ashada
Ashada – Shravan
Shravan – Bhadrapad
Bhadrapad – Ashwin
|Others who added in their circles||69||78||95||119||147||236|
4. Regional Prasar
4A. North America
4A 1. Dharma prasar efforts of seekers in North America
4A 1. FHA gets opportunity to setup stall on 27th October 2013, at the Hindu Unity day in New Jersey: On Ashwin Krushna Navami (27th Oct 2013), FHA volunteers got the opportunity to setup panchang and book stall at the Hindu Unity day event in New Jersey. Around 50 Dharmaabhimanis attended the event and 10 of them visited our stall. A devout Hindu made donation towards Panchang’s. FHA also gifted 3 panchang to Dharmaabhimanis.
4A 2. Lecture on topic of Deepavali conducted on 27th October 2013, at Hari Om Mandir in Chicago: On Ashwin Krushna Navami (27th Oct 2013) a Power point presentation was conducted Mrs. Kalpana Sharma at the Hari Om Mandir in the city of Chicago, on the topic of ‘Deepavali and Sacrifice’. Total attendance was around 25-30 Dharmaabhimanis. All the 16 old Panchang’s (Hindu Chetana 2013) were taken by the attendees at the end of the presentation while 7 new Panchang’s of 2014 got distributed.
4A 3. FHA seekers display Holy texts at World religion conference on Oct 6th 2013, in Toronto, Canada: On Ashwin Shukla Dwitiya (6th Oct 2013) FHA seekers got opportunity to display Holy texts at the World religion conference. Around 60 flyers about chanting were distributed among the attendees. There were 4-5 booklets and a couple of granths distributed. Total event attendance was around 400 Dharmaabhimanis while 55 of them visited our stall.
5. Satsangs and Balsatsangs held in various centres
|Centre||Dharma satsangs||Bal satsangs|
6. FHA SEO Report
6A 1. A total of 18,911 new visits were received this month to FHA website through the Google ad words campaign.
6A 2. Breakdown of visits as per each campaign are as per 1st Oct to 31st Oct 2013
|Hindu Calendar 2013||12,187||264,328|
|How to perform Shraadha?||456||15,580|
|Diwali – Festival of lights||291||13,254|
|Celebrate Dhanteras 2013||17||417|
*Impressions means, the number of people who saw our advertisement.
7. FHA Article Submission Report
7A. An article on ‘Diwali’ was printed in Brisbane Indian Times (print and online http://issuu.com/bitonline/docs/bit_oct_13). Trudi, the editor also asked for a view point on Diwali of 50 words.
7B. An article each on ‘Navratri’ & ‘Diwali 2013’ was printed in the weekly newspaper of Indo Canadian Voice (print), Canada. The editor is Sunil Narula and it has a circulation of 20,000 copies, in the cities around Vancouver through temples, grocery shops and restaurants.