The eve of 31st December is accepted by Hindus as a day of celebration of the New Year. They make big plans for this day, with regards to shopping, eating in a restaurant, taking a vacation, etc. Below articles highlights the importance of celebrating the New Year on Chaitra Shukla Pratipadā (Hindu New Year) versus 31st December.
- New Year celebrations
- Creation of the Universe
- Spiritual impact on December 31
- Celebrate New Year in spiritually beneficial ways
- Harmful incidences during the New Year celebrations
- O Hindus, celebrate New Year as per Hindu Dharma
- Westernisation and celebrating New Year on January 1 resulting in loss of Hindu identity