Frequently asked questions
The Forum for Hindu Awakening Inc. (FHA) is a registered non-profit organisation based in USA. Its aim is to educate humanity about the spiritual dimension and how it affects our lives. It provides tools for people to understand and overcome problems where the cause is spiritual in nature thereby helping them to achieve ever lasting happiness.
- How do I make a donation to FHA?
- How does FHA use my donation?
- Why do I have to register with the FHA member login in order to donate?
- What are my donation options?
- Is there a minimum donation amount?
- I do not feel comfortable donating online – is there any other way I can donate?
- What are the advantages of donating online?
- Is my donation safe and secure?
- Can I make my gift anonymously?
- Is my privacy protected?
- Will I receive a confirmation that my donation has been received?
- Can I make regular payments by direct debit?
- Is my donation tax deductible? / or can I claim a tax benefit?
- Can I ask for a refund?
- How do I contact you regarding my donation?
A: All donations are used for the betterment of humanity by sharing and applying the findings of spiritual research in overcoming problems in life and in attaining superlative happiness, i.e. Bliss. The knowledge gained through spiritual research conducted by the FHA over the past 20 years if printed on paper would fill over 40,000 A4 size pages. This knowledge has been used by people across all cultures and religions. All this information is shared free of cost and it is helping people worldwide overcome various problems. Their case studies are being made available on the website.
FHA is run entirely by volunteers. 95% of our volunteers are professionals like doctors, managers, IT administrators, accountants etc., who, as a part of their spiritual practice, work free of charge for the spread of spirituality.
The activities to maintain FHA include:
- Spiritual research – looking after seekers who are acquiring and cataloguing knowledge.
- Writing articles – the knowledge acquired is in a very cryptic format. It needs to be presented in a manner that can be understood by an international audience.
- Running a full-time website team – running a website is quite expensive both from a technical and editorial point of view.
- Conducting workshops/lectures – FHA conducts free workshops on various topics in Spirituality in more than 15 cities across the globe.
- Various administrative functions – this includes accounting etc.
A: You need to register with the FHA member login so that we can send you a receipt. Once you register you can view all your donations under your profile.
A: You can donate to the FHA through any of the following options:
- Using a credit card such as Visa, Master or Amex.
- Using online accounts such as PayPal and Google Checkout. (coming soon)
- Donors who have U.S. bank accounts can donate via electronic funds transfer through the Internet. Please contact your bank for more details.
- Telegraphic Transfer.
- Demand Draft or International Cheque.
A: Yes. The minimum donation amount varies per donation method. This is to ensure that we can cover all the basic administrative costs.
A: Of course. You may donate via Telegraphic Transfer or by sending us a Demand Draft or International Cheque to the following address:
Forum for Hindu Awakening
PMB 220 , 3111 Rt 38, Ste # 11,
A: The cost of processing an online donation is 50% less than the cost of processing a donation given by any other method. This way more of your donation dollars go toward supporting the things that really matter. Besides by donating online, you reduce our data entry costs and reduce the amount of paper waste thereby helping to use our natural resources efficiently and reducing environmental destruction.
A: All online credit card transactions go through PayPal’s secure payment gateway. PayPal’s payment gateway has 128 bit encryption which is the highest possible security on the Internet.
PayPal’s strengths are:
- Automatic Fraud-Prevention
- Industry-leading fraud models
- Address verification and card verification checks
- 128-bit SSL and powerful encryption.
Note: The Forum for Hindu Awakening Inc. is neither privy to nor does it hold any of your credit card details. All details are encrypted and processed by our secure internet payment gateway provider PayPal.
A: Currently we do not have a provision for this.
A: The Forum for Hindu Awakening Inc. makes every effort to uphold, respect and is committed to your privacy. The personal information you provide will remain private. It will only be used for the purposes described in the terms and conditions of your profile account with FHA. The FHA will not share or sell your personal information to be used by any outside parties. Please ensure that you update your details like your address, contact details etc. regularly. You can do so by logging into your account.
Should we feel the need to get in touch with you regarding your donations, we will do so either by email or telephone. Should you have any queries please email us using the ‘Ask a question‘ functionality.
A: Yes. We will automatically confirm your transaction within your profile and via email.
A: Currently we do not have this functionality, but may look into it in the future.
A: FHA is registered in the U.S. as a non-profit organisation.
For donors paying taxes in the U.S.: Donors who pay taxes in the US will be able to claim tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of USA. FHA will provide you with a receipt for your donation so that you can claim tax exemption on your donation.
FHA Australia is in the process of applying to the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) for deductible gift recipient status as we are a non-profit organisation. Once we gain this status, all donations above AUD 2.00 will be tax deductible. For donors outside Australia we recommend that you please consult your tax consultant.
A: Your decision to donate to the FHA is appreciated. Any on-line contribution made to FHA cannot be cancelled, returned or refunded once it has been approved and the payment has been received in our bank account.
A: If you have any queries or need more information regarding donations, please contact us via the ‘Contact customer service’ page within your FHA member account.