June 22, 2014
Jyeshtha Krushna Paksha Ekadashi, Kaliyug Varsha 5116
Hindus, pay gratitude at the feet of Shrikrushna for this success.
Mumbai – Arjun spices is a brand from Gujarat which manufactures various Indian spices (masala) like cumin seeds, fennel seeds, etc. The manufacturers of this brand had printed a photo of Shrikrushna and Arjun on the cover of packets. After members of the Hindu Janajagruti Samiti approached the manufacturers and enlightened them about this denigration of our revered Deities, these packets were withdrawn from the market and new covers were printed on these packets. (Will the members of the staunch Hindu organisations learn something from the members of Hindu Janajagruti Samiti and start spritual practice? – Editor)
1. On the packets of this spice brand, a photo of Shrikrushna and Arjun from Mahabharat was printed. However, as these packs are thrown away in the dustbins after use, it leads to denigration of our revered Deities. Hence, on 28 April 2014 a protest letter was sent to the manufacturers by the members of HJS, asking them to stop this denigration.
2. On receiving the protest letter, the owner of the company, Mr. Subhash Shah called Mr. Shivaji Vatkar, the Co-ordinator of HJS and said, ‘I am also proud of my Dharma and respect Shrikrushna’.
3. Mr. Shivaji Vatkar explained to him how such an action causes denigration of Deities and how the one responsible for such an action acquires sin.
4. Mr. Shah apologised for this and assured that new covers will be printed.
5. On 9 June 2014, Mr. Shah sent the old pack with the photo of Shrikrushna and Arjun on it and the new pack without the photo to Mr. Shivaji Vatkar.
6. After recieving the confirmation that the packets had been changed, Mr. Vatkar called Mr. Shah and thanked him for stopping this denigration.
Source : HJS